Bibliography on Electromagnetic Metal Forming
The following is a list of journal papers and handbook articles that deal with
electromagnetic metal forming. IAP Research does not have reproduction rights to
these materials, so please order them from the publisher or look for them at your local
- Burden, R.; Snowden, L.;Hasegawa, K.;Newman, D.;Bauer, D.;"Electromagnetic
Forming"; Papers of the International Conference - New Developments in
Sheet Forming (May 23-24, 2000); Institute for Metal Forming Technology University
of Stuttgart; Edited by Klaus Siegert.; published by MAT INFO Werkstoff -
Informationsgellschaft mbH, Franfurt Germany; pgs. 327-340.
- Zariff A. Chaudhury and Glenn S. Daehn, "Underwater Electric Spark Discharge for
Metal Forming: A Literature Review," ERC report, ERC/NSM-S-91-19, The Ohio
State University, Columbus, OH, 1991.
- Glenn S. Daehn and Leonard Bluestone, "Electrohydraulic Forming of Heating
Ventilation and Air Conditioning Components, " Final report to Ohios Thomas
Edison Program, July 1992.
- V. S. Balanethiram and Glenn S. Daehn, "Enhanced Formability of Interstitial Free
Iron at High Strain Rates," Scripta Metall, et Mater., Vol. 27, 1992, pp.
- V. S. Balanethiram and Glenn S. Daehn, "High Strain Rate Blanking: A Literature
Review," Engineering Research Center Report ERC/NSM-S-93-01, The Ohio State
University, Columbus, OH, 1993, p. 17.
- V. S. Balanethiram and Glenn S. Daehn, "Hyperplasticity: Increased Forming Limits
at High Workpiece Velocity," Scripta Metall, et Mater., Vol. 30, 1994, pp.
- V. S. Balanethiram, Xiaoyu Hu, Marina Altynova and Glenn S. Daehn, "High Velocity
Forming: Is it Time to Rediscover This Technology," Engineering Research Center
Report ERC/NSM-S-94-15, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 1994, pp. 36-37.
- V. S. Balanethiram, Xiaoyu Hu, Marina Altynova and Glenn S. Daehn,
"Hyperplasticity: Enhanced Formability at High Rates," Journal of Materials
Processing Technology, Vol. 45, 1994, pp. 595-600.
- X. Hu, R. H. Wagoner, G. S. Daehn and S. Ghosh, "The Effect of Inertia on Tensile
Ductility," Metall. Trans. A, Vol. 25A, 1994, pp. 2723-2735.
- G. S. Daehn, M. Altynova, V. S. Balanethiram, G. Fenton, M. Padmanabhan, A. Tamhane, and
E. Winnard, "High-Velocity Metal Forming An Old Technology Addresses New
Problems," JOM, Vol. 7, July 1995, pp. 42-45.
- Glenn S. Daehn, Venkata S. Balanethiram, Xiaoyu Hu, Marina Altynova, and Mahadevan
Padmanabhan, "Hyperplastic Forming of Sheets A Competitor to Superplastic
Forming?" in Superplasticity and Superplastic Forming, Amit K. Ghosh and
Thomas R. Bieler, eds., The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society, 1995, pp. 11-16.
- A. A. Tamhane, V. J. Vohnout, M. Padmanabhan, G. Fenton, V. S. Balanethiram, M.
Altynova, and G. S. Daehn, "Opportunities in the High Velocity Forming of Sheet
Metal," Submitted to The Metal Forming, 1996.
- Amit A. Tamhane, Marina M. Altynova and Glenn S. Daehn, "Effect of Sample Size on
Ductility in Electromagnetic Ring Expansion," Scripta Meterialia, Vol. 34, No.
8, 1996, pp. 1345-1350.
- Xiaoyu Hu and Glenn S. Daehn, "Effect of Velocity on Flow Localization in
Tension," Acta Mater., Vol. 44, No. 3, 1996, pp. 1021-1033.
- Tool & Manufacturing Engineers Handbook, Volume II Forming, 4th
Ed., Chapter 19, Special Forming Methods.
- Metals Handbook, 9th Edition, Volume 14, Forming & Forging, ASM
Electromagnetic Forming International, Metals Park, OH, pp. 644-653.
- Francis Moon, Magneto-Solid Mechanics, John Wiley & Sons, 1984, p. 355.
- "Electrotechnology Volume 2," Editors R. P. Ouellette, John A. King,
and P.N. Cheremisinoff, Ann Arbor Scientific, 1978, pp. 227-243.